Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Registration

Greetings and salutations

So, I am a bit late with this post. It happens, stuff comes up. This blog is not my first priority . . . which is a good thing.

Anyway, with less than 5 weeks remaining in my Freshman year of college, they have begun prepping us for our second year. That means registration up the nose. Okay, not really up the nose, but it's still ridiculous. 
Classes were the first thing to be registered for in preparation of next year. I managed to get into all but one of my classes. However, I am going to be keeping my eye on the class list and make sure I jump in any available space. I will be a ninja of sorts. Speaking of ninjas, I have a fun little tangent about that for later in the post. But I managed to get all the classes I needed for the Core (which is what I get for going to a liberal arts college) as well as working toward my Theatre major. Go me, go. I suppose if I can't get the one course I need, I can make my way into an English course that goes toward my major. Another major accomplishment on my end for course registration is that if all works out, I will have no 8 am classes, which are the bane of my existence. As of right now, I have class at 11:50 MWF and a Chem lab on T at 8, which is acceptable . . . sigh. 


The next bit of registration for next year is housing . . . where I will be living next year! Issues arose prior to the whole registration thing, but that was out of my control. Anyway, I will be living in a single somewhere on this side (and by this side, I mean not East Complex). By myself. It's a yay and nay sort of thing. But we shall see how that goes. HOWEVER, housing registration has been delayed twice. Twice. I have yet to register, nor have many other people for that matter. I even have a good lottery number, gosh darn it: 135, out of like 800 or something like that. I'm not sure how many people are in my class. But it is a small number of students. I've been informed that housing has been fixed and that they have identified the problem, so cross your fingers . . . and toes . . . and legs . . . and eyes . . . and everything else you can cross. 

Now for my fun little tangent about ninjas. I am one. Let's be honest. I am incredibly stealthy; people are freaked out by how stealthy I am. Particularly the fact that I just randomly show up. It isn't random, I intend to show up there. I'm just super quiet about it. I can't help that I have really non-existent footfalls. Unfortunately, I've been called creepy because of how stealthy I am . . . which I find untrue and makes me wonder whether they really believe I'm a creep or what, which is something I rarely care about. But I digress. 


That's all I really have for this time around. I would like to leave you with a song. By Adele. Who is a beast. She's amazing. 





Till next time, sleep tight


Update: I have registered for housing! I am the proud owner of a single on the 6th floor of Hoyum. Go me, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment