Saturday, December 18, 2010

Home

I can now confidently say that I have completed my first semester of college.

Good deal.

I was sick of half of my classes and a fourth of my professors. It was super frustrating having to go through classes I didn't want to take, or even volunteer to take, wait, yes I did volunteer, by going to Concordia. I like the idea of going to a liberal arts college, but some of the requirements just get in the way. I talked about this with one of my clubbies and how the core is a total drag but how fantastically awesome it is to have the opportunity to take the classes that don't necessarily meet the requirements of our majors.

So, I've been waiting for the end of semester since, oh, about Thanksgiving Break, roughly three weeks ago. I am ready for two whole weeks of doing absolutely nothing. I almost started writing in the third person just now. Cursed be Facebook and the whole third person status update thing, but I digress. I plan to do some reading. I brought home A Clockwork Orange and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I also plan to sleep . . . I love sleep. Like a whole bunch. I would say I would marry sleep if I could, but I can't.  I mean, Facebook won't even let me be in a complicated relationship with it. Trust me, I tried.
If I could just hibernate for a few days, that would be spectacular. It would be my way of thanking my mind for not blanking out on me during Finals week. It would also be me thanking my body. It went through two all nighters in the past week and didn't just crash. Go body, go. Gold star for you.


Currently, I am sitting on a couch, having just woken up all of a half hour ago. I was bombarded with a request to do more "blagging," Michael, and this blog is dedicated to you. L'chaim and what not. (L'chaim means "to life." See? Theatre teaches you stuff!! O.o ) I am watching tv for the first time in what feels like forever and listening to my iTunes library. Nothing of any importance. I also have a half gallon of orange juice nearby; I love me my orange juice. To top off my little celebration of being home, I have two cookies, a half eaten bag of M & M's, and an orange.
Oh yeah, party central over here in the 55704! Woot woot!
Go team, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment